I love egg dishes for potlucks. They're cheap, good hot or cold, usually can be eaten with the fingers and travel well which both are idea qualities for a potluck meal. I am going to share two of my favorites below.
Depending on the size of the egg and kind of mayo you use this recipe will run 35-40 calories per 1 deviled egg or 70-80 for two being a whole eggs worth.
- Boil or bake desired number ofeggs to hard.
- Cut eggs in half and put yolks in a bowl.
- For 6 eggs add 2 tbs of dill relish, a pinch of salt, 1-2 tbs of light mayo.
- Mix together.
- If dry add some more mustard or pickle juice.
- Fill egg halves and refrigerate.
- For easiet filling put mixture into a sandwich bag and cut the corner so you can pipe into the egg halves.
Fritatta is quiche without the crust. This is actually what I brought to last week's potluck.
Each serving will be one egg plus 1/8 of the filling.
I made 2, a spinach mushroom at 85 calories a slice and an onion, red pepper cheddar at 102 calories a slice. They're also vegetarian (but not vegan) and gluten free.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Saute whatever vegetable or meat filling you want
- Put filling in a lightly greased pie pan
- If they are wet drain or pat with paper towels
- Mix 8 eggs, a pinch of salt and pepper
- Pour over filling
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is set
- If adding cheese bake 10 minutes, top with cheese then bake additional 10 minutes
- Let cool then cut into 8 wedges