I don't like spending a lot of time on a potluck meal. I think it sort of defeats the purpose.
That is why I have an easy cookie recipe that I like to use.
- 1 jar peanut butter Equal weight of sugar
- 1 large egg
- For about 1 cup of peanut butter, if in doubt, round down
- (Optional) 1 tsp vanilla essence Salt
- sprinkle a little over just before baking
- Beat the egg, mix everything together.
- Put onto a baking tray in tablespoon blobs, leaving an inch or more between them.
- Bake at 350 f until cookies (the exact cooking time depends on the egg/everything else ratio.
- Check after 10 minutes, then every 5 minutes).
- Take out and allow to cool