As the title says, there is something satisfying with a delicious plate full of roasted brussel sprouts with bacon.
Roasting sprouts like this completely cuts any hint of bitter they might have and they get sweet.
I could eat these all day long. It's by far my favorite method of cooking brussel sprouts. It also works well with proscuitto.
- cut bacon into bite-sized chunks and fry until crispy. remove from pan.
- cut brussel sprouts in half and lay cut-side-up on a baking sheet.
- liberally brush bacon fat onto brussel sprouts. sprinkle salt and pepper
- roast bacon-slathered sprouts at 375 for 20-30 min, until soft and beginning to brown.
- place a piece of bacon on each sprout and stab with toothpick to secure. Arrange sprouts on fancy serving dish.
I have a large frying pan that I use. I put the brussel sprouts right in the pan of grease after taking the bacon out. I let them caramelize on the bottom then toss in some sliced mushrooms.
Take whole pan and put it under the broiler to carmelize the top. Chop the bacon into bite size pieces, toss in and serve.
When I first made this it became everyone's new favorite person.