I made gnocchi for the first time last night and it was incredible. And I can say that it is totally potluckable and takes less than half an hour:
- 2 packages gnocchi
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- Jar of artichoke hearts
- 2-3 tbsp capers
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Chicken sausage, sliced (I used TJ's sun-dried tomato flavor)
- Garlic, fresh basil, oregano, rosemary, olive oil
Directions (Super Easy)
- Start the water for the gnocchi first
- You want to cook it to mostly-done.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet
- Throw in garlic.
- Once garlic is ever-so-slightly browned, turn heat to medium-high and throw in chicken sausage.
- Mine was pre-cooked, but it helps to throw it around with the other ingredients.
- Throw the cherry tomatoes in with the chicken sausage, and go ahead and add the lemon juice, rosemary, oregano, artichoke hearts and capers.
- Cook until you're happy with it, throw in gnocchi, cook another minute or two
- the starch will thicken the liquid a little
- Throw in basil and serve.
And since it is an Italian dish you can never go wrong with bruschetta.
It's my go-to when I don't have a lot of time. It doesn't have to be fancy or chopped. Just a slice of tomato, a slice of mozzarella, a basil leaf, some Parmesan and cracked black pepper, a little drizzle of olive oil and balsamic on crusty bread.